What’s the role?
Due to business growth within our consumer sector, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced account manager to be the key contact between our customers and the company. Providing effective communications at all levels, with customer and company management teams and relevant personnel. Ensuring service delivery operates within the scope of the contract, monitoring, reporting and acting on variations in standards and/or volumes, in a timely manner.
What will I be responsible for?
- Compliance – ensure compliance with the scope of the customer contract; monitoring, reporting and acting on the following key elements on a daily/weekly basis, as appropriate
- Routes - e.g. including increases and/or reductions in contracted routes; frequency of ad hoc routes, Day 1 for Day 2 activity including transition timings, etc.
- Rates – obtain authorisation for any changes and/or additions to the customer rate card, ensuring Customer Services team have correct, up-to-date rate cards
- Equipment – ensure correct levels of contracted equipment are maintained, e.g. trailers, shunt vehicles etc., with any additions being correctly charged to customer account
- Personnel - ensure correct contracted manning levels are maintained, e.g. shunters, yard personnel, despatch and office staff with any additional staff, whether permanent or temporary, being correctly charged to customer account
- Cash Collection / claims management – ensuring fuel surcharge and ad hoc rates are invoiced correctly and promptly; monitoring customer debtor statement taking action to resolve outstanding payments
- CSUD (Customer Set Up Documents) – ensure form is up to date and relevant. All change should be monitored, recorded and signed off in line with the agreed process
- Forecasting – provide detailed forecasts of customer volumes, including analysis and commentary, by day, region and year, actual against forecast. Include an in depth commentary on volumes, obtained through close customer contact, particularly in relation to special promotions and seasonal peak periods such as, but not limited to, Christmas and Easter
- Relationship / Communication – establish and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts, Internal senior management and planning teams. Review communications on a weekly basis, ensuring that you have communicated effectively to customer and internal teams on delivery performance, customer requirements, trends and ways to improve
- Planning / Organising – plan and prioritise day-to-day activities based on the demands of customer accounts and the business, particularly in relation to performance levels. Meet strict reporting and/or action deadlines, while providing effective, continuous management of customer accounts and day-to-day liaison with relevant internal personnel/teams
- Monitoring/Reporting/Acting – monitor and track your customers daily performance, forwarding relevant and appropriate detailed information to internal and/or customer contacts to ensure contractual targets are achieved. Report on a daily or weekly basis, to customer and/or business, monitoring, recommending and acting on changes and/or improvements
- Time Based Planning – understand, track and report weekly on your accounts time based planning data. Make suggestions internally on how to improve performance & profit based on actual data, whilst monitoring success through weekly tracker. Integrate findings and relevant data into your customer reviews and discussions
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate you will preferably have previous experience as an account manager in the logistics environment, ideally within the Consumer sector. You will have excellent commercial awareness a business acumen.
You are approachable and able to communicate with colleagues & customers at all levels from the most junior members on their first day through to senior stake holders within the wider business. Good all round IT skills, able to use the usual Office IT packages and bespoke in-house systems such as GTS. Clear and professional phone manner, able to defuse serious complaints and escalations calmly and professionally.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.