What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant transport manager to join our busy Goole depot. Our customer is a multi-million leading FMCG household name with impressive year on year growth and we are seeking a highly competent individual to assist the transport manager in managing this account. Within this role excellent customer relationships are required, both internally and externally, along with ability to manage a team of employees on a day to day basis.
You will ensure that service delivery is within the scope of the contract, through monitoring and reporting but also acting on variations in standards and/or volumes, in a timely manner. Achieving service delivery whilst ensuring adherence to both customer and ESL budgetary, and performance KPI’s, including all compliance standards.
To be successful in the role you will be required to build and maintain effective relationships and lines of communications at all levels, with both the customer and ESL management teams and relevant personnel.
What will I be responsible for?
- Actively work as part of the site management team to achieve 90% performance as a minimum; assist the transport manager in providing root cause when the target is not reached
- Monitoring and track the customers daily performance, forwarding relevant and appropriate detailed information to internal and/or customer contacts to ensure contractual targets are achieved
- Managing repair programs for Stobart Link (Microlise) repair on site to make sure all depot equipment is traceable for 100% visibility
- Minimise cost to the business by fully utilising all resources within the team. These include ensuring the capture of accurate case and cage information. Being aware of how incorrect information effects ESL budget performance
- Support the transport manager in ensuring that customer relationships are built on integrity and professionalism
- Deputise for the transport manager in their absence. Attending conference calls, morning meetings and acting as point of contact with the customer
- Monitor the fleet servicing to make sure the depot complies with customer servicing requirements
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working within a transport role at first line management level with demonstrable experience of leading people in successful teams.
- You will have excellent communication and customer relations skills, be effective in building relationships
- Your strong commercial and transport understanding will ensure the achieving of KPI’s both monetary and delivery performance related
- You will also be a good people manager with the ability to successfully manage a team
- The successful applicant will show commitment and motivation, and be able to use own initiative
- They will also need to be assertive with an outgoing nature, able to cope well in pressured situations
- A good understanding of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
Experience of customer services or account management would also be preferred.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.