What’s the role?
An excellent opportunity has arisen within Eddie Stobart to provide analytical support within the commercial department.
You will provide detailed analysis, recommendations, observations and a full financial tender proposal for new business leads. You will provide a key interface between all parties, ensuring that the agreed internal tender and authorisation process is adhered to and relevant timelines are met.
What will I be responsible for?
- Produce detailed analysis on new business tender opportunities and make observations and recommendations based on the information provided:
- Volume profiling
- Cost profiling
- Producing commercial elements for new business proposals and business opportunities
- ‘Cost up’ new business opportunities
- Industry investigation including market, customer and competitor analysis
- Provide support to ‘new start ups’ as necessary
- Supporting the commercial manager on the provision of any commercial analysis
- Prepare pre/post tender presentations
- Attend pre/post tender customer meetings to understand commercial requirements and present our offers.
- Provide analytical support to senior directors as required
- Liaising with other departments, centralised administration and IT teams
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate must have excellent numerical & analytical skills and a keen eye for detail. They must be financially aware, have at least two years’ experience in a similar commercial role (working with data) and knowledge of pricing logistics work is desirable. Candidates with a relevant degree or financial qualification such as AAT/ACCA/CIMA (including those working towards these qualifications) will be given preference.
They must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience using the higher level features such as V-lookup, pivot tables and conditional formatting features. They must be a confident communicator both written and verbally as they will be working closely with members of senior management. They must be well organised and comfortable in working both individually and in a team.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.