What’s the role?
One of the UKs Industry leaders, Eddie Stobart provides a first class logistics and warehousing solution to worldwide recognised customers and is experiencing exciting growth across all sectors.
To support this growth, our contract logistics and warehousing sector is now recruiting an experienced, passionate and enthusiastic compliance manager to help ensure compliance to legislation across health and safety, relevant to MHRA (Medicines and Health Care products Regulatory Agency) company operating procedures and internal quality standards.
Initially established as a family business, the key to our continued growth and success is our people. Keeping the wheels in motion of our busy operation while promoting our company values, contributing towards our vision and growth, you will be pivotal in the future success and expansion of Eddie Stobart particularly within our contract logistics and warehousing sector.
As the compliance manager based in our North West warehousing operation, you will be responsible for the day to day adherence to legislation as governed by MHRA in handling medicinal goods from some of our largest customers within the warehousing sector. Reporting to the site operations manager, you will hold the following responsibilities and have proven experience as a compliance manager, auditor or health and safety background ideally within logistics or warehousing.
This opportunity will hold responsibility for the duties of a responsible person as defined by MHRA guidelines.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring that the conditions of the licence are observed;
- Managing compliance on site which includes compliance to HSQE and MHRA best practice;
- Overseeing the compliance of maintenance and hold responsibility for reporting and overseeing overall site maintenance;
- Reporting on all aspects of maintenance and progress;
- Ensuring the guidelines on good distribution practice are adhered to at all times;
- Ensuring that the daily operation does not compromise the quality of medicine;
- Ensure that the company QMS system is adequate for MHRA requirements and is stabilised and maintained;
- Oversee audit of the QMS and carry out independent audits on the QMS;
- Ensure full and prompt co-operation with marketing authorisation holders in the event of recalls;
- Provide supportive and timely advice, training and guidance to managers, supervisors and frontline staff relating to incident and quality reporting, policy, procedure and practice;
- Ensure local manuals relating to the QMS; procedures are established and relevant, up to date, maintained and fully communicated and trained;
- Maintain locally approved suppliers through internal processes including the approval and monitoring of suppliers
What kind of person/experience are you looking for?
- Handling, storage and distribution of medicinal products
- At least 1 years’ managerial experience in controlling the wholesale distribution of medicinal products
- You will have a strong awareness of best practice in handling medicinal goods within the warehousing life cycle and be able to identify area for improvement and compliance
- You will have an understanding of guidelines on Good Distribution and Manufacturing Practice
- You will be able to establish and maintain an adequate QMS and record retention & retrieval processes
- You will have experience in the approval and rejection of any starting materials and packaging materials
- You will be able to maintain locally approved suppliers through internal processes and compliance including approval and monitoring of suppliers
• IOSH Managing safely
• MHRA approved
• Awareness of ISO9001
• IT Literate including Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook
• PowerPoint presentations skills
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction