What’s the role?
MUST BE AGED 18 OR OVER AS WILL OCCASIONALLY BE WORKING UNSUPERVISED IN KITCHEN ENVIRONMENT
*50% off food and drinks on shift*
*Subsidised travel to and from work*
*Full uniform and training provided*
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced cook to join our Rugby Truck Stop depot on a part-time basis. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen and will have the ability to communicate confidently with staff.
What will I be responsible for?
- To prepare and present meals to a high standard with the aim of achieving high restaurant sales. To carry out kitchen duties in a clean and safe manner providing a kitchen environment that is safe for customers and staff.
- Ensure full understanding and total compliance with all food safety regulations and health and safety rules
- Ensure all kitchen activities are carried out in a clean and safe manner, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure protective clothing is worn and protective equipment is used as appropriate
- Be able to spot potential equipment breakdowns and notify management accordingly
- Maximise sales at the site by preparing food to a high standard and presentation
- Ensure that there is adequate stock of all foods on menu advising management of any shortages
- Avoid customer complaints by ensuring food is prepared and presented satisfactorily to every customer
- Be fully aware of site promotions with regard to menu offers
- Ensure all food has been correctly proportioned to minimise waste and control expenditure at the site
- Ensure that all food has been prepared to a high standard first time, every time.
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful applicant will be hard working, conscientious and reliable, pay great attention to detail, display a positive attitude as well as having excellent communication and organisational skills. Must be aged 18 or over due to occasionally working unsupervised.
Please provide details of relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.