What’s the role?
We are now recruiting for customer controllers to act as a first point of contact for our customer; managing the booking and organisation of consignments, ensuring all queries are dealt with in an efficient manner and thus maintaining a strong professional relationship with the customer.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring all jobs are created into the Eddie Stobart in-house system for delivery as per your customer’s requirements: ensuring accuracy
- Acting as a point of contact with the customer regarding any queries prior to collection or after the day of delivery
- Grouping work together in the most efficient and cost effective way
- Actioning all amendments within Eddie Stobart’s internal tracking system and recording them on the memo screen making the planning department aware when necessary
- Completing a regular unrated report, ensuring all consignments are rated accurately and within agreed timescales requesting new rates through the sales team
- Organising return and redelivery movements with the customer following the agreed process applying the correct rates and job type ensuring we capture any ancillary charges
- Liaising with the Forecasting and Planning departments regarding extra or short notice loads, and any additional costs if applicable
- Completing daily/weekly/monthly KPI reports as required (including Daily Performance, Non Conformanceand Volume reports) within specified deadlines
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate you will have excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of the Microsoft systems, supported by good levels of numeracy and literacy. A high level of flexibility, commitment and motivation is essential within this role. You will enjoy working under pressure and problem solving; experience within a similar role would be advantageous.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.