What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional Trainer to join the Training Academy team. Delivering support, career development and training to the Eddie Stobart Driving workforce to maintain the highest professional standards.
What will I be responsible for?
- Carrying out all types of training including DCPC & ESL Driver induction course
- Holding Driver assessments for recruitment purposes or post incident to the highest and most professional standard
- Paperwork sign-off and delivery of theory based classroom materials and practical instruction following safe systems of work
- Delivery of legislation regarding Health & Safety/ Drivers Hours/ WTD/ Digital Tachograph use & responsibilities/ vehicle familiarisation
- Providing concrete mixer/ bulk tankers training (Industrial Sector of Logistics) and other specialist training where required
- Contributing to improvements within the team and team training programmes
- Offering advice and support to employees on training related issues
- Use of computers and good experience with Microsoft packages such as Word & Excel
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate you will be expected to undertake relevant training qualifications and personal development, keeping up to date on sector and company related developments. You will need to maintain a high standard of professionalism and flexibility within the role at all times.
This position requires the following criteria:
- To hold a clean, full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence with minimum 2 years driving CAT CE experience
- To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC & Digital Tachograph Card
- Level 3 education certificate (PTLLS)
- SAFED Instructor
- A1 Assessors Award or equivalent in Driving Goods Vehicles
- Scania trained trainer certificate
- VOLVO trained trainer certificate
How can I apply?
All applications should be made in writing to email@example.com with:
- An updated CV
- A covering letter
Please provide details of relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application.
If you are a current employee, you must inform your line manager before you put in your formal application.
Any internal applicants currently at risk of redundancy should email their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and C.C email@example.com
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.