What’s the role?
You’ll be responsible for maintaining a tidy, working warehouse in a chilled environment in order to ensure the safety of colleagues and maximise the efficiency of service to customers - loading, unloading and moving stock; and picking orders accurately.
What will I be responsible for?
- Maintain health and safety via compliance with risk assessment guidelines ensuring that any issues are brought to the attention of the warehouse supervisor
- Constantly check the quality of all products to ensure that they meet the required standards with regard to:-
- Health and safety
- Product quality
- Pallet standards
- Ensure compliance with warehouse procedures for the reporting of damages and any signs of contamination
- Report any defects found on site in relation to the product, equipment or facilities to your team leader
- Be willing to undertake any aspect of warehouse work including FLT driving, order picking, manually loading/unloading containers and cleaning duties, as may be required to complete the daily schedule
What kind of person are you looking for?
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for dependable and committed individuals. You will have great organisational skills in order to work in a pressurised and busy environment to meet deadlines. You should have a confident and effective communication ability to work on your own initiative and willingness to resolve issues in line with company procedures. You will enjoy working in a physical environment.
Our ideal candidate will have experience, preferably within a distribution operation driving reach and / or pivot steer (bendi, aislemaster, flexi) trucks. And have a good standard of literacy and numeracy.