What’s the role?
We have a vacancy for an experienced traffic planner within the Manufacturing, Industrial and Bulk sector. As the successful candidate you will be required to produce effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring in house systems are constantly updated, particularly:
- Depot logs ensuring completion by specific time
- Input of trailer numbers as soon as practical to do so
- Check resource availability for the shift
- Confirm driver start times for next day
- Monitor and report Working Time Directive issues
- Ensuring there is ongoing verbal communication with the drivers
- Utilising the night shift handover document to ensure there is clear daily communication between day and night shifts
- Managing drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding utilisation, loaded, empty legs
Maintaining Customer Performance by:
- Reviewing allocated customers in assigned RP, ensuring work is planned to time
- Communicate with ESL customer services and drivers, ensuring customer KPI targets are met
- Record and maintain fuel stock in ESL depots
- Liaise with various fuel suppliers to obtain best fuel price
- Arrange and plan fuel deliveries for all depots
- Ensure all weekly reports are completed and distributed correctly
- Ensure all jobs are created correctly on GTS
- Manage or assist in any project as directed by the fuel manager
- Briefing and de-briefing own drivers
What kind of person are you looking for?
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for a dependable and committed individual. As the successful applicant you will ideally have a proven track record within a planning environment, preferably within the haulage industry specialising in the Bulk sector. Any previous experience of planning systems/software would be an advantage. In addition to this, it would also be advantageous to any candidates that are able to speak additional languages.
As the successful candidate you should have the ability to work on your own initiative and the willingness to resolve issues. You must be able to organise your own workload and work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines. You should have a confident and effective communication ability.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.