What’s the role?
Due to continued growth within our Special Operations Sector, we are looking for a forward-thinking, Full Season Event Crew member with experience of working in a fast-paced logistics environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for set up, monitoring and maintenance of the equipment required at the events. The candidate must be able to work alone and to work effectively within a close and highly motivated team to deliver a first class service to the customer. The candidate must be able to work under pressure and have the ability to remain focused and unaffected by events developing around them, but share equal responsibility to ensure that the function, aesthetic appearance of the facility and equipment is maintained throughout the duration of the event. At the end of the event, work with the crew to pack away the facility and equipment for safe onward travel to the next destination. Due to the nature of the job, other tasks will be varied and diverse depending on the venue for the event.
What will I be responsible for?
- The set up and monitoring of the equipment
- The aesthetic appearance of the equipment and facility
- Ensuring that you integrate well and play your part in sharing all responsibility for correct functioning of equipment
- Once set up is completed, ensuring that you monitor, and maintain the functioning and appearance of the facility and take steps to rectify any shortfall in standard which may have occurred due to adverse weather conditions or other
- Work effectively with your team to pack away and transport the facility with all its equipment to the next event
- Out of the racing season the work will be equally varied and may include some administrative duties, stock control, goods in and out, as well as continuing to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the equipment
- Working with other sectors of ESL which may involve general haulage work
What kind of person are you looking for?
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for a dependable and committed individuals with a respectful and highly motivated disposition. In addition to this, it would also be advantageous but not essential to any candidates that are able to speak additional languages.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines. They should have a confident and effective communication ability. The candidate should also be available to work away from home for extended periods. PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are also desirable.
How can I apply?
All applications should be made in writing to email@example.com with:
- An updated CV
- A covering letter
Please provide details of relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application. If you are a current employee, you must inform your line manager before you are interviewed.
Any internal applicants currently at risk of redundancy should email their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and Alex.Newens@eddiestobart.com