What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a general manager, the role has complete responsibility for the daily operational performance in terms of strategy, performance, compliance and personnel, with an important part to play in being the central point for all interaction with the relevant business sectors within the wider Eddie Stobart network.
What will I be responsible for?
- Working with the director in the formulation of the consumer strategy
- Delivering and executing the strategy across the consumer sector
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and opportunities to add value
- Ownership of an action plan to reduce the number of road miles used within all parts of the operation
- Establishing and maintaining effective relations with the customer to ensure their expectations are met
- Managing performance in order to maximise revenue, control costs and drive profits
- Actively seek new business opportunities for the sector and work with the business development team to identify opportunities
Compliance and Maintenance
- Utilising compliance and maintenance information in the instigation of actions to minimise risk to the business, control costs and drive profitability
- Identifying trends and developing solutions in the following areas: -
- Driver compliance
- Accidents and Incidents and Risk Assessments
- Fleet defects, Site Maintenance and Repair
- Fuel consumptions
- Line management responsibility for the regional planning, operations and transport managers
- Ensuring processes are in place to manage the flow of communication across the sector in a clear, timely and consistent fashion
- Working with the consumer HR business partner to devise and maintain succession plans for the sector
- Overseeing all aspects of staff and driver training including performance management
What kind of person are you looking for?
To be successful in the role it is expected you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Alternatively, significant experience in a regional management role in either operations or planning within Eddie Stobart or an equivalent organisation would be required.
The successful candidate will need to have experience of the end to end supply chain and a key part of the role is to build key relationships with the customer to ensure continued service level improvement.
You will have a proven track record in the ability to develop people for the future and to ensure that plans are aligned to motivate the colleagues we employ.