What’s the role?
Eddie Stobart are looking to recruit an experienced Groupage Operative to join our busy Appleton depot. Reporting to the Groupage Manager, you will be required to safely unload and reload vehicles in our groupage facility.
What will I be responsible for?
- To ensure all groupage loads are safely tipped and placed in the marshalled area
- To ensure all multi-drop trailers are safely re-loaded as per the loading manifest and in the correct order
- To carry out tranships as and when required
- To ensure the returns process is adhered to
- To tip and re-load GKN pallets as required
- To ensure the cross-docking facility is kept clean and tidy
- To ensure that company policies and legal requirements are adhered to at all times
- To carry out any other tasks as instructed by the groupage manager
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate for the Groupage Operative, you will have an up to date fork lift truck licence, as well as good communication and organisational skills. You will be a team player, accustomed to working in a constantly changing work environment. An LGV C+E license would be preferred but is not essential.