What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HSQE manager position South (based at Bardon) covering warehousing and transports sites within Eddie Stobart Logistics plc.
Reporting to the head of HSQE you will lead and proactively manage a team of HSQ&E advisors to provide effective support and assistance in the successful delivery of company internal and external audit programmes in order to help ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Quality and Environment management systems. These include risk assessments, safe systems of work, BRC food technical standard, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for client and company procedures ensuring successful external accreditations as required. You will provide support and guidance to your HSQE teams and site managers to ensure robust investigations are carried out regarding accidents, incidents and near misses in a timely and effective manner.
What will I be responsible for?
- Assisting in the development of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQ&E) management systems working with the head of health safety quality and environment and business leaders to influence improvements to the management system as a result of audit findings, company objectives, changes in legislation or customer requirement
- Liaising with directors, general managers, regional operations managers, their direct reports and employees at all levels within the business to continually improve the HSQ&E management systems
- Working closely with functional and line management providing proactive support to your HSQE team in aspects of their work, including audits, site visits, preparation of HSQ&E documentation and monitoring site performance
- Developing and delivering an annual risk-based HSQ&E audit programme for allocated sites with your respective HSQE team
- Producing and circulate audit and non-conformance reports identifying and recommending on-going improvements to company practices
- Following up of all reported non-conformances within agreed timescales providing guidance and support to achieve audit requirements
- Reviewing and validating received evidence and responses with subsequent verification and closure via the HSQE systems data base
- Managing the external audit programme, encompassing fleet maintainers, contract hauliers and driver agency companies, influencing improved service offerings to business customers where required
- Providing support and mentoring to current and incoming auditors, ensuring a thorough and comprehensive understanding of legal and company requirements
- Assisting and providing advice regarding development, maintenance, review, production and implementation of risk assessments (including COSHH), safe systems of work and the provision and use of appropriate protective equipment
- Providing HSQE advice and disseminate HSQE information throughout the company
- Maintaining awareness of new processes and techniques or changes to legislation with special reference to HSQE that will have an effect the company.
- Interfacing with client and contractors on HSQE issues
- Working in collaboration with the training department, to secure the regular training of employees in relation to HSQE
- Maintaining liaison with training departments, enforcement agencies and authorities
- Reviewing and approving sub-contractors and project specific HSQ&E Plans and documentation
- Receiving monitoring and disseminating safety performance of the company and the reporting of key performance indicators to allocated sites.
- Advising project management teams on health & safety duties and responsibilities as required.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business in respect of the carriage and storage of dangerous goods (including COMAH)
- Ensuring that all accidents and dangerous occurrences are thoroughly investigated and reports provided, detailing causes, conclusions and recommendations to avoid recurrence
- Ensuring all RIDDOR accidents are reported within the guidelines stipulated within the regulations
What kind of person are you looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic ‘hands on’ proactive leader with previous experience in HSQE, able to demonstrate ability to coach, develop and influence their HSQE teams and key business team managers. You will be a confident communicator with ability to influence and engage at all levels.
We are looking for individuals who possess as a minimum the NEBOSH general certificate working towards achieving CMIOSH Status (support to achieve this will be provided where required) with experience in ISO 9001, BRC and ISO 14001 achieving approved UKAS certification.
Experience working as a lead auditor with an operational understanding of warehousing, logistics and transport distribution environment.
Experience in developing and using HSQE management systems will be advantageous.
Experience in providing advice and guidance in respect of dangerous goods (including COMAH) or be willing to work towards achieving DGSA certification (with support where required).
How can I apply?
All applications should be made in writing to email@example.com with:
- An updated CV
- A covering letter
Please provide details of relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application. If you are a current employee, you must inform your line manager before you are interviewed.
Any internal applicants currently at risk of redundancy should email their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and C.C email@example.com