What's the role?
As part of our growing tanker fleet, we have vacancies across the weekend for Days, Nights and Flexi drivers.
Eddie Stobart operates a fleet of fuel tankers that service many of the UK’s leading fuel providers. The Stobart branded fleet offers a flexible, cost competitive and responsive solution, with industry leading safety, flexibility and delivery tracking, bringing the culture of a small company whilst offering the infrastructure, brand and security of a large organisation.
As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Free, full uniform
- Tax-free allowances
- Paid holiday entitlement
- After 5 years of service you will receive 6 days paid holidays
- An extensive employee benefits, discounts and savings scheme
- Eddie Stobart will pay up to £100 to cover drivers medical
- Unique online system, collating pay slips and other information
- Overtime available
What kind of person are you looking for?
We welcome all new & experienced drivers to join our well established team, to keep our family growing.
This position requires the following criteria:
- To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence
- Have no more than 6 penalty points
- To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
- To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
- Fluent in English; Constant communication with colleagues and customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalis
What happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to one of our driving assessment days. On these days, we carry out a full physical driving assessment (on the road drive) and interview with the local operation's manager.
Assessments typically take 1hr 30 minutes and are booked at local level between recruitment and the operations teams – they are not on specific days, but we’ll do our best to get you in as soon as we can.