What’s the role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, HR Administrator to join our busy department.
Working closely with the HR Consultants, you will provide a full HR administration service to the HR department and to internal and external customers, acting as a first point of contact for all HR enquiries.
What will I be responsible for?
- Support managers with queries on employment matters including interpretation of legislation, company policies and their application, escalating where necessary
- To handle all initial contact into the HR department both internal and external, signposting onwards as appropriate
- Maintain good employee relations and, where necessary, attend investigatory/disciplinary/grievance and appeal hearings in a note taking capacity
- Undertake and assist with HR projects including TUPE and redundancy exercises as and when requested
- Maintain accurate records such as contract log, document storage (electronic where possible) and statistical information
- Assist with the preparation of tribunal applications and support proceedings as required
- Support Business Partners and HR Consultants managing long term sickness cases and overall employee absence levels including collating absence history information and associated paperwork
- To ensure new starter paperwork is completed and relevant information provided to Payroll and benefits providers for processing
- To prepare all letters or contracts for any changes to employee terms and conditions e.g. flexible working
- To prepare, as required, management reports on employee-related data to assist with the management and development of staff
- Prepare and maintain library of template documentation to be used within HR function E.g. Disciplinary invite, welfare meetings and updating as required
- To support the implementation of HR systems or databases; to enter data and maintain these accordingly
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate, you will have a passion for HR best practice and ideally will be working towards your CIPD. You will be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally and will posses strong IT skills.
You will be flexible and approachable and have the ability to work in a stand alone environment as well as a team.
A strong admin background is essential.
You will have the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all different levels
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.