What’s the role?
Eddie Stobart has a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced HR Consultant to join our growing HR team. as we implement over £100m of new business and integrate a number of acquisitions within our business.
Based from our Crick site with UK travel, you will be a key player in providing effective and efficient employee relations services to the company and individual employees.
You will be responsible for developing relationships with both the managers and employees, managing your own varied caseload.
What will I be responsible for?
- Advising managers on employment matters including interpretation of legislation, company policies and their application
- Maintaining good employee relations and, where necessary, support investigatory/disciplinary/grievance and appeal hearings
- Undertake and assist with HR projects as and when requested
- Maintain accurate records and statistical information
- Assist with the preparation of tribunal applications and support proceedings as required
- Liaise and direct occupational health referral to ensure job-related advice is provided to aide rehabilitation and reduce absence levels
- Deliver training to managers and representatives on all employment policies and procedures
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders and negotiating to secure good outcomes for the company as a whole
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the ideal candidate for the HR consultant post, you will have a minimum of 3 years generalist HR experience, preferably unionized but not essential.
Our main employees groups are represented via driver and warehouse forums with a small number of TUPE “in” TU collective bargaining areas. Exposure to dealing with head office and operational support functions is desirable.
You will have strong commercial awareness with experience of coaching, communicating and negotiating with stakeholders. You will also have your Level 5 CIPD and be willing to study towards your Level 7 CIPD.
A proven track record in successfully dealing with complex employee relations issues would be essential in order to have the ability to develop a good understanding of business issues. You will be able to demonstrate previous contributions to the management of change successfully and have experience of on restructuring programs, including TUPE.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.