- The construction industry demands a high level of awareness to health and safety as you are dealing with mechanical handling equipment and tower crane off-loading.
- Full training & certification provided for this new and varied role.
- Previous experience of working in this industry isn’t essential but the role favours candidates with a good level of physical fitness.
What’s the role?
As part of an exciting new contract with our new Manufacturing & Industrial sector, we now have various opportunities for a number of skilled drivers to further develop their skills using:
- Mechanical off-load, rear steering trailers
- Conventional flat trailers
- Standard curtain siders
As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Brand new, top-of-the-range trucks
- Free, full uniform
- A range of generous tax-free allowances and bonuses incorporated into your take-home salary
- Paid holiday entitlement
- An extensive employee benefits, discounts and savings scheme
What kind of person are we looking for?
- To be successful with us, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence, with no more than 6 penalty points
- Valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC) / Driver CPC
- Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
- Fluent in English due to the nature of the role; constant comms with colleagues and customers
- Excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues
- Good geographic knowledge of UK (and sometimes European) roads
- A positive, can-do attitude and of smart appearance
- An ability to uphold the Eddie Stobart brand image, including uniform / vehicle cleanliness, at all times
- Live within a reasonable travelling distance to the depot (we recommend 45-60 minutes depending, on your preferred shift)
What happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to one of our Driving Assessment Days. On these days, we carry out a full physical driving assessment (on the road drive) and interview with the local Operations Manager.
Assessments typically take 1hr 30 minutes and are booked at local level between Recruitment and the Operations teams – they are not on specific days, but we’ll do our best to get you in as soon as we can.