What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced logistics coordinator to join our busy Carlisle Airport depot. Working in our lively team, you will be responsible for providing a plan that deploys the allocated resource pool in the most effective way.
You, as the logistics coordinator, will ensure the plan meets all legal obligations in respect of Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ legislation.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring GTS and Microlise housekeeping is constantly completed, particularly: -
- Input trailer numbers as soon as practical to do so
- Monitor location of all drivers and log there position
- Ensure there are enough drivers in each catchment area in case of an emergency deployment
- Ensuring there is clear daily communication between day and night shifts
- Monitor weather and traffic countrywide and if required raise any issues using correct escalation process
- Regularly assisting when required at drivers’ / debrief counter
- To comply with health, safety, environment rules to ensure the safety of all employees, contractors and visitors.
- To report any breaches of health and safety to your line manager immediately
- To report any accidents, incident or close- call in line with company procedure and assist in any investigations which may be required
- Responsible for maintaining driver/core staff rosters to ensure resource capability over a 24/7 period including reactive and emergency response
- Ensuring the numbers within the emergency response driving team are consistently maintained
- To implement and deploy the emergency plan ensuring compliance with company procedure
- Responsible for the allocation of ESL transport assets to individual convoys as required for all deployments
- Planning of routes and alternative routes, site locations and establishment and assisting with contingency planning
- Prepare and plan upcoming week’s reports ensuring all data used indicating trained driver availability is the most up to date information
- To implement any planned movements of vehicles and equipment between sites, from costing movement to the tracking of the movement
- To carry out any additional duties and support within the department as agreed with your line manager required to support the department
What kind of person are you looking for?
We are looking to hear from passionate, experienced individuals from a transport planning background who are looking to enhance their career within logistics. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be flexible in your working hours. This role is rotating both days and nights, 4 on 4 off.
Ideally, you will have a strong working knowledge in GTS and Microlise applications, however full training will be provided. You will have excellent IT skills with a particular background in Microsoft Excel.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.