What’s the role?
As part of the EDF power plant nuclear programme, Eddie Stobart will be working in partnership with BBW to coordinate any emergency event.
Due to this, we now have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced maintenance technician to be part of this new team.
What will I be responsible for?
- To comply with health, safety and environment rules to ensure the safety of all employees, contractors and visitors
- Compliance with safety, quality, environmental and business management systems
- To report any breaches of health and safety to your line manager immediately
- To report any accident, incident or close-call in line with company procedure and assist in any investigations which may be required
- Carry out routine maintenance, service and repair on a variety of HGVs / heavy vehicles / trucks & trailers and land rovers including MOT preparation
- Ensure all service and maintenance works are recorded and records kept up to date including requirements by VOSA & the company maintenance plans
- Ensure that the maintenance database is kept up to date and outstanding work and defects are closed out in a timely manner
- Ensuring tools are used correctly, adequately maintained, tested before use, and securely stored
- Obtaining / requesting from stores all parts necessary to carry out repairs
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe manner without risk whether on site or at depot
- Wearing safety clothing and using safety equipment appropriate to the task undertaken or the working environment in accordance with the company's PPE requirements
- Maintaining a work area that is tidy and free from hazards
What kind of person are you looking for?
You will be hard-working, reliable, pay great attention to detail, deliver first class results and display a positive attitude.
The ideal candidate will have strong previous experience working on heavy commercial vehicles and diesel engines. Proven knowledge of heavy plant, mechanical and pneumatic equipment is essential along with excellent communication and organizational skills, high levels of flexibility, commitment and the ability to be adaptable to take on the challenges this role will present. You will require to hold a clean driving license to include category C+E and 35 hours driver CPC.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an excellent package including company pension, death in service scheme and uniform.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.