At ESL, you won’t find our Finance people sitting on the side-lines. They know the business inside and out, working across functions and categories to ensure sound financial judgement and control is at the heart of our decision making and ways of operating.
Our finance teams are commercial, pragmatic and extremely collaborative, with a real passion for development and challenging the status-quo.
We are currently looking for a high performing Operational Accountant to play an integral role in our team to support the Operational Leadership team of the Consumer division to identify and implement key efficiencies and improvements within the Business Unit.
The successful candidate with act as a business partner to the General Manager and work closely with internal partners and customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice.
ESL is a fast paced environment and will certainly keep you challenged, offering you the chance to lead from the front with real development and progression opportunities within a high performing Finance function.
Main Responsibilities and Objectives
- Prepare accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly profit and loss reporting
- Complete financial analysis and associated commentary to understand variances on a daily and weekly basis
- A detailed understanding of the business performance drivers, including the impact of key performance indicators (KPIs) and a strong drive towards efficiency, service and improving performance for the business
- Can work using their own initiative to complete tasks given strict daily/weekly/monthly timetable
- Prepare business Unit management accounting and reporting including completion and/or assistance in preparation of the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the business unit team
- Undertake nominal ledger tasks including processing of journals, nominal ledger cross-charges and period end reconciliations
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Summary with supporting reconciliations, identifying financial risk/opportunity
- Strong communication skills will be required for you to ensure that you can influence people at various levels and departments
- Collaborate with internal support functions as required to ensure the financial reports are accurate and produced in a timely manner
- Ensure that robust commercial and financial solutions are implemented and monitored to optimise profit and minimise associated risk
- The finance lead for the Budget & Forecast presentation to Directors and Senior Management
- Monitor the Aged Debt & Un-invoiced revenue to ensure that they are in line with the Business accepted levels
- As part of the audit process you will liaise with external auditors and ensure provision of information is supplied in a timely manner
- The ability to read, analyse and interpret financial reports and spreadsheets; create financial models and scenarios and have experience of forecasting and KPI analysis
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment where speed and accuracy is key. As is the ability to be flexible and manage their time effectively
- Ad-hoc support and analysis as required by the business
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA Part or Qualified
- Qualified by experience, 5 years + in a similar role within Logistics or an Industry of similarity
- Equivalent of 5 GCSE grade ‘C’ or above
- Good oral and written communication skills which are effective and persuasive
- Commercially minded and used to dealing with non-financial managers
- Creative thinker with an outward looking approach to solving problems
- Robust influencing skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise work ensuring all reasonable deadlines are met
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with Strong Excel skills
- Practical experience of financial analysis and reporting
- Detailed and up to date knowledge of good financial practice
- Finance Business Partnering
- Previous experience of using Chorus & TM1 Financial Reporting
- Experience of working within the Logistics industry
How can I apply?
All applications should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- An updated CV
- A covering letter
Please provide details of relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application.
If you are a current employee, you must inform your line manager before you put in your formal application.
Any internal applicants currently at risk of redundancy should email their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.