What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Administrator to join our Cannock depot on a permanent basis. The successful candidate for the Operations Administrator position will be assisting the Operations Manager in all aspects of running the transport operation.
You will ensure compliance with all company procedures and legal requirements is met and will be the first point of contact for the depot.
What will I be responsible for?
- Assisting the Operations Manager with the supervision and effective management of drivers and vehicle and trailer maintenance
- Supporting the production and maintenance of manning levels; booking agency drivers to ensure flow of temporary manpower where required
- Recording drivers working hours and collating data for payroll and depot management
- Liaising with external agencies and suppliers in order to form successful business relationships
- Fulfilling trailer and vehicle maintenance requirements by ensuring equipment is serviced or undergoes MOT within parameters. Ensuring cab checks and VU downloads are maintained within required intervals
- Managing vehicle and trailer defects in accordance to the Business policy and legal requirements
- Monitoring fuel cards ensuring any lost or broken fuel cards are reported immediately
- Supporting Senior Site Management with general admin duties to include note taking, file preparation and weekly reports
- Processing, monitoring and recording staff uniform for all personnel on site
- Maintaining and updating internal tracking systems with accurate and correct driver details
- Collating POD’s and forwarding for processing within company timescales and procedures
- Reporting any operations issues i.e. driver incidents, requests, agency no-shows etc. to Operations Management
What kind of person are you looking for?
You will have ideally have experience gained in a similar Transport & Logistics environment in order to have high levels of flexibility, commitment and the ability to use your own initiative. Your self-motivation will be supported by your ability to remain calm and focused in a fast moving, ever changing environment.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential to upkeep your outstanding PC skills. With your ability to work under pressure and manage a large workload you consistently achieve internal and customer KPI’s.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.