What’s The Role?
Working alongside the operations manager, to facilitate the day to day management of drivers in line EU driver regulations. The role will also support in the day to day management of the vehicles on site and ensure that legal requirements are adhered to and vehicles are roadworthy.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring compliance with Working Time Directive regulations with drivers, and addressing non-conformance
- Managing all elements of tachograph compliance for drivers and vehicles Overseeing the logging and action planning of all DVSA stops
- Reporting all CPC non-compliance to the operations manager
- Supporting in the vehicle and trailer maintenance programme, which includes servicing, MOTs, VOR, cab checks and associated records
- Maintaining our in-house Transform database and following up all defects with the fleet department
- Managing the company process following accidents and incidents including the completion of relevant systems
- Planning and managing depot payroll, including the projection of weekly manning levels, booking agency drivers, authorising overtime, enabling pay queries and ensuring that depot logs maintained
- Overseeing the management of absences and holidays for all drivers
- Ensuring that all personnel files are up to date incorporating licence validation, personal details, completed training etc.
- Checking and authorising all weekly expense claims made by drivers
- Ensuring that all training needs are met for drivers including inductions, re-training and Safe Systems of Work
- Completing weekly KPI reports and following up on poor performance
What kind of person are you looking for?
We’re looking for someone who’s able to demonstrate previous experience and success within a supervisory position in transport and logistics/ FMCG environment.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows package (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential as is a good working knowledge of GTS and Microlise systems.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working within the transport and logistics industry, with a CPC national qualification.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.