What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an operation’s supervisor to manage the day to day operation of the Teesport site. You will be supporting the operational management of the depot in maintaining and managing the assets, resources and facilities to maximise both cost efficiencies. Ensuring company and industry standards are met in regards to all personnel issues relating to staff and the maintenance of vehicles and the depot.
What will I be responsible for?
- Actively demonstrating leadership qualities in the day to day running of shifts encouraging and coaching all staff
- Maintaining internal databases and where applicable, following up all defects with the Fleet Department
- Administering the vehicle and trailer maintenance program
- Completing all depot daily checks during shift and recording on the central system, (including trailers, returns, re-books, pallets)
- Direct contact with driver’s on daily performance and improvement actions
- Providing information and supporting the operations manager to enable the planning and management of depot payroll
- Ensuring all personnel files are up to date incorporating license validation, personal details and completed training
- Co-ordinating the recruitment and training of employees
- Assisting in accident investigation and follow up
- Completing daily risk assessments of the yard and office
- Identifying and informing the operations manager of any maintenance and repair issues in the site
- Providing information to the senior operations supervisor & transport manager so that weekly KPI reports can be completed
- Maintaining a high level of depot cleanliness
What kind of person are you looking for?
As an operations supervisor you will demonstrate a successful track record of leading and motivating a diverse team to achieve common goals. We are looking for a supervisor with excellent communication skills, energetic leadership style and strong problem solving abilities.
Previous experience working within a similar transport related role, you will have a good working knowledge of EU Hours, Working Time Directives and Tachograph legislation preferably with CPC national qualification. An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of GTS, Microlise and other similar fleet systems, would be advantageous.