What’s the role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a planning team leader to join our Carlisle depot. The successful candidate will supervise the delivery of a transport plan in the manufacturing sector that effectively deploys the company’s transport assets. This plan should deliver compliance with relevant legislation, company procedures, meets customer requirements and generate profit to the business.
Specific Responsibilities and Objectives
Maximise the effectiveness of the transport plan by:
- Daily analysis of the P&L for each of the team’s planning boards
- Regular monitoring and elimination of “Empty Legs”
- Regular monitoring of Microlise group analysis screen for the team’s resource pool
- Ensuring that all data requirements for the team are fulfilled and recorded accurately into GTS
- Monitoring each of the team’s KPI performance. Making timely remedial action when required
- Ensuring there is clear daily communication between day and night shifts utilising the nightshift handover document
- Utilising conference call information to assist where possible all traffic areas that have work outstanding
- Ensuring planners are managing the driver’s pool in compliance with COP024 and associated legislation
Supervise the Planning Team and Driver Pool by:
- Ensuring individual planners are checking all driver details and booking off night drivers
- Ensuring GTS reflects the drivers log sheet
- Reviewing time lapse reports for the team’s resource pool, investigating any detail over 30 minutes
- Reviewing restricted parking reports for the team’s resource pool, investigating any detail over 60 minutes
- Analysing all WTD information for the team’s resource pool. Discussing all excess hours with individual planners and inform operations of all intended actions
- Supporting the planning manager in controlling the flow of communication at the site
- Conducting team briefings as requested
Maintain Customer Service Targets by:
- Reviewing and ensuring work is planned to time and correct equipment
- Communicating with customer service and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets are met and issue flagged and resolved
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues. They should be able to comfortably organise their own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines. Strong verbal and written communications are essential requisites.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.