What’s the role?
Working as a Full Time Class 1 (C+E) powder tanker driver, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of goods to a large variety of customers.
You must be flexible with the hours of work, as your start times may vary. You may be required to work weekends, however this will be discussed at interview.
Some duties may involve:
- Ensuring goods are safely secured
- Quarry Collections
- Deliveries to building sites & builders merchants
- Keeping your vehicle in good condition
- Loading and unloading the vehicle
- Completing delivery paperwork
- As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Free, full uniform
- Tax-free allowances
- Daily monetary bonus for use of specialist equipment
- Paid holiday entitlement
- After 5 years of service you will receive 6 days paid holidays
- An extensive employee benefits, discounts and savings scheme
- Eddie Stobart will pay up to £100 to cover drivers medical
- Unique online system, collating pay slips and other information
- Overtime available
What kind of person are you looking for?
We welcome all new & experienced drivers to join our well established team, to keep our family growing.
This position requires the following criteria:
- To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence
- Have no more than 6 penalty points
- To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
- To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- ALLMI Licence preferred, but not essential as training will be given
- Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
- Fluent in English; Constant communication with colleagues and customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism
- To have Powder Tanker Driver experience