What’s the role?
An exciting role has arisen for an experienced manager to look after Eddie Stobart shunt drivers and vehicles, ensuring that legal requirements are adhered to, vehicles are roadworthy and drivers work within EU driver regulations. Effective site management in accordance with company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant H&S regulations is a key part in the role.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensure all vehicles are legal and roadworthy, with any defects reported and actioned according to company procedure. Service and MOT programmes must be adhered to at all times and records kept up to date
- Depot budgets are continually reviewed to ensure targets are met. The budgets will be reviewed as part of the site weekly audits. Collate all charges and costs in order for the weekly invoice to be raised as part of Open Book.
- Depot reports to be completed by 09:00 daily (Trailer checks for all Amazon sites)
- Manager’s KPI reports to be updated weekly on the operations drive, the information analysed and appropriate follow up action taken
- Shunter manning levels are saved on the planning drive at least 2 weeks before the start of the week. The shunter manning levels must also detail any driver holiday, any agreed overtime shifts, vehicles booked in for maintenance and any VOR vehicles
- Manage recruitment, liaising with the driver trainer team to ensure all new Shunters are correctly assessed, interviewed and inducted into the business
- In respect of recruitment and on site equipment, manage customer uplift in activity around any promotions & peak periods – devising a yearly forecast
- Arrange and conduct A&I’s in conjunction with the driver trainer
- Conduct exit interviews and complete documentation relating to leavers, forwarding to payroll / HR dept.
- Manage holiday plan within agreed levels, with holiday records kept up to date. Weekly absence reports to be completed and sent to payroll / HR within required timescales
- Management of drivers Working Time Directive (WTD) regulations
- Ensuring that all Company policies and procedures are fully complied with, including relevant Health & Safety and statutory legislation. Complying with company disciplinary procedure and grievance procedure is followed correctly
The operations bonus rule book must be followed and used for reference and all deductions documented and filed.
All personnel files to be kept updated. Copies of driving licences to be obtained every six months, with the date recorded on the copy. Files must also contain the employee’s application form, driving assessment form, New Employee Details Form, current address and contact numbers, next of kin details, all signed Safe Systems of Work (SSW) documentation, signed off tachograph infringement records, holiday request documents, appraisal, file note and disciplinary records.
- Ensuring that the depot is efficient and clean, with all units and trailers parked correctly, vehicles are clean and tidy, and the site is kept to the high standards of Eddie Stobart Logistics plc.
- Monitor site fuel levels and oversee fuel orders and deliveries
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate you will preferably have previous experience as a transport operations manager or senior planning manager in Eddie Stobart, or similar business. You will have good working knowledge of GTS, Microlise, WTD and EU drivers hours regulations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.