What’s the role?
We currently have vacancies for professional LGV C+E (Class 1) shunters to support our transport operation in Doncaster. Our drivers are the key link between our business and the customers we work with; ensuring our work is delivered professionally, efficiently and on time. As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring trailers are legally compliant and to the correct standard for use, positioning the equipment on and off trailer bays as required to ensure the yard area is maintained in a clean, safe and organised condition
- Liaising with warehouse / transport personnel to ensure the correct equipment is positioned on and off the trailer bays, ensuring the flow is maintained, informing the transport manager when equipment shortage will affect loading
- Completing a pre-loading check prior to putting the trailer on a bay. Including: Defects, service/MOT/LOLER requirements, equipment correctly prepared for loading
- Carrying out full yard checks, completing all required documentation
- Directing incoming equipment and vehicles to the correct parking / loading area(s)
- Following current VOR process, liaising with relevant personnel where necessary
- Assisting with any yard / trailer related queries
- Follow site and business health and safety / safe systems of work policies
- Carry out additional operational duties as required by your transport manager; this may include supporting other local sites
What kind of person are you looking for?
You must hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence with no more than 6 penalty points and hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC). You must be physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods. Have excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues.
Have a good geographic knowledge of UK and European roads where applicable. Have a positive, can-do attitude and be of a smart appearance. Have an ability to uphold the Eddie Stobart brand image, including uniform/vehicle cleanliness, at all times.