What’s the role?
We currently have vacancies for professional LGV C+E (Class 1) shunters to support our transport operation in Tilbury. Our drivers are the key link between our business and the customers we work with; ensuring our work is delivered professionally, efficiently and on time.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring trailers are legally compliant and to the correct standard for use, positioning the equipment on and off trailer bays as required to ensure the yard area is maintained in a clean, safe and organised condition
- Liaising with warehouse / transport personnel to ensure the correct equipment is positioned on and off the trailer bays, ensuring the flow is maintained, informing the transport manager when equipment shortage will affect loading
- Completing a pre-loading check prior to putting the trailer on a bay. Including: Defects, service/MOT/LOLER requirements, equipment correctly prepared for loading
- Carrying out full yard checks, completing all required documentation
- Directing incoming equipment and vehicles to the correct parking / loading area(s)
- Following current VOR process, liaising with relevant personnel where necessary
- Assisting with any yard / trailer related queries
What kind of person are you looking for?
You must hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence with no more than 6 penalty points and hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
You must be physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods. Have excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues.
Have a good geographic knowledge of UK and European roads where applicable. Have a positive, can-do attitude and be of a smart appearance. Have an ability to uphold the Eddie Stobart brand image, including uniform/vehicle cleanliness, at all times.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.