What’s the role?
As the Site Manager based at our Rugby Truckstop, it will be your roll to ensure that our whole team is totally focussed on delivering great customer service while driving sales in a controlled operational environment that maximises profitability. A proven ability to motivate staff, control costs as well as deliver good sales growth will be key.
What will I be responsible for?
- You will ensure our merchandising is exciting and effective, thus enabling sales and profit to be maximised.
- Performance management will be a key part of your role and you will ensure all of your team has an agreed performance contract in place each year
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety paperwork and records are maintained and kept up to date at all times in line with company policy. It will be your responsibility to ensure that your team carry out any site safety checks correctly in the time scale required. You will also have to implement any corrective and follow up actions following site audits/incidents.
- Ensuring that all personnel records are current and up to date
- You will deal with any comments/complaints made by customers and ensure they are dealt with in a timely professional manner. That any points learned are addressed and communicated with other team members. Ensuring continued high standards in customer service.
- You will be required to ensure that all administration tasks required by the company are complete in the correct time frame and to the appropriate standard. These tasks include items such as stock takes , sales reporting , payroll input, completing the training matrix , till spot checks to list but a few .
What kind of person are you looking for?
You should be a self-motivated individual with proven previous experience in leading and motivating other team members. Already have experience in a similar management position. A professional catering or retail qualification would be preferred but not essential dependant on experience. Applicants must already hold a level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate (with a willingness to progress to your level 4 in food safety if not already attained). A good working knowledge of both Health and Safety regulations and fire regulations would be a benefit.
- Good working knowledge of retail/catering till software systems
- A good knowledge of management in catering/ retail environments
- A keen eye for site standards