What’s the role?
We currently have a number of vacancies for professional Class 2 drivers to support our transport operation with our new Speedy Freight contract. Our drivers are the key link between our business and the customers we work with; ensuring our work is delivered professionally, efficiently and on time. As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
- Brand new, top-of-the-range trucks
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Free, full uniform
- A range of generous tax-free allowances and bonuses incorporated into your take-home salary
- Paid holiday entitlement
- An extensive employee benefits, discounts and savings scheme
What kind of person are you looking for?
To be successful with us, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Full Class 2 licence (if applying for the 12T), with no more than 6 penalty points
- Valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC) / Driver CPC
- Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
- Fluent in English due to the nature of the role; constant communications with colleagues and customers
- Excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues
- Good geographic knowledge of UK (and sometimes European) roads
- A positive, can-do attitude and of smart appearance
- An ability to uphold the Eddie Stobart brand image, including uniform / vehicle cleanliness, at all times
- Live within a reasonable travelling distance to the depot (we recommend 45-60 minutes depending, on your preferred shift)
What benefits would I get?
- Tax-free meal allowance
- Well-maintained, modern vehicles
- Full company uniform and pension scheme
- Driver CPC training
What happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to one of our Driving Assessment Days. On these days, we carry out a full physical driving assessment (on the road drive) and interview with the local Operations Manager.
Assessments typically take 1hr 30 minutes and are booked at local level between Recruitment and the Operations teams – they are not on specific days, but we’ll do our best to get you in as soon as we can.