What’s the role?
An exciting new role has arisen to support the management of our Milton Keynes depot – the 190,000 sq. ft. warehouse, linked to a can production plant. As the successful candidate you will be operating the company’s warehouse management system ensuring all stock and administration requirements are processed in line with both Eddie Stobart and the customer’s procedures.
What will I be responsible for?
- Maintaining health and safety regulations via compliance with risk assessment guidelines, ensuring that any issues are brought to the attention of the operations manager
- Reporting any defects or discrepancies found on site in relation to the product, equipment or facilities to your direct line manager
- Ensuring that all administrative duties are carried out with efficiency and professionalism, to the required Eddie Stobart standards and within timescales
- Carrying out agreed customer processes for the processing of customer’s orders and preparing the necessary pick list for each specific order, with any non-conformance of orders raised and addressed to the management team and / or the customer
- Liaising with drivers visiting the site that are delivering and / or collecting stock and ensuring that all vehicle / driver details are captured whilst the correct load is allocated to the correct bay or vehicle, whether inbound or outbound
- Preparing and distributing all agreed and necessary customer and Eddie Stobart reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, high levels of flexibility and organisation, commitment and motivation and be capable of operating with limited supervision within fixed customer and company guidelines. You will have the ability to promptly accept and adapt to change and enjoy working in a high-paced environment with high levels of multi-tasking. The ability to operate computer and scanning systems is essential, therefore previous experience with DWMS (Warehousing Systems) and Microsoft Word would be advantageous.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.