What’s the role?
As the successful candidate for the sub-contracting administrator vacancy, you will be responsible for multiple aspects of the sub-contract operation.
This varied role will incorporate the day to day administration of the transport system, management of haulier and supplier compliance and departmental financial reporting.
What will I be responsible for?
- Monitoring of the online sub-contracting site (TWS), ensuring hauliers utilise this system effectively and dealing with any administration or operational issues
- Management of live load requests on a daily basis
- Effective management and weekly status reporting of haulier compliance
- Addressing all haulier non-conformances by reporting void trips, re-directions, release and reference problems and day to day operational issues.
- Identifying and communicating any haulier collection or delivery issues, ensuring the progress of such jobs are monitored and reported with updates issued as necessary
- Ensuring all haulier returns and proof of deliveries are completed and returned within customer deadlines.
- Constantly communicating with Hauliers to ensure KPI targets & communications are achieved and maintained
- To develop an overall understanding of the subcontracting operation and to assist the team in day to day tasks.
What kind of person are you looking for?
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for a dependable and committed individual. As the successful candidate you should have the ability to work on your own initiative and have the willingness to resolve issues. You must be able to organise your own workload and work in a pressurised environment in order to meet deadlines. You will have a confident and effective communication ability with an excellent telephone manner.
You should also be PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, some geographic knowledge would be an advantage. Previous experience of the transport industry would be an advantage but not essential as training and development will be job specific.