What’s the role?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced transport planner to join our sub-contracting department. The successful candidate will play a central role in creating effective transport plans for our sub-contracting department working alongside our business units and external partners to help deliver our transport services.
What will I be responsible for?
- Subcontracting work to our approved haulier base
- Dealing with day to day operational issues, managing, costing and completing the relevant jobs within our TMS
- Ensuring the most cost effective/operationally sound transport solution is achieved
- Building and managing day to day relationships with our haulier partners.
- Communicating with Eddie Stobart customer services and ensuring customer KPI targets are met
- Arranging and managing the liveload schedules for relevant sites and ensuring through loads where needed
- Building the haulier base where needed, creating new hauliers and ensuring a smooth onboarding process
- Ensuring all jobs are rated and completed in a timely manner, and dealing with any rate/invoice queries that may occur
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues. They should be able to comfortably organise their own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines. Strong verbal and written communications are essential requisites.
You should be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word in particular. Some geographic knowledge would also prove advantageous.
A proven track record within a planning environment and / or the transport and logistics industry. Any previous experience of planning systems and / or software will be an advantage to you.