What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced TM1 lead developer to join our busy Appleton depot. The purpose of this p;osition is to work with the Finance, and IT departments in the construction of the planning and forecasting tool (TM1), developing corporate wide applications and ongoing support of the budgeting and forecasting process.
As the TM1 lead developer you will be overseeing the development of all TM1 based software applications and any related data reporting applications for ESL
The position will require operation and maintenance of existing TM1 applications and new development for additional applications to support business strategy.
What will I be responsible for?
- Oversee all TM1 development with the finance function
- Assess, review and make recommendations all proposed development with respect to system efficiency, maintainability and simplicity
- Liaise with the TM1 manager and finance director on current and future development project status
- Create and modify complex business logic into TM1 rules and processes
- Gather, analyse and document system requirements
- Develop technical design specifications and documents
- Develop complex processes for both new and existing functionality
- Expertise in advanced rule writing with a thorough understanding of feeders
- Document and communicate risk assessments pertaining to new functionality and enhancements
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Technical support of TM1 on full life cycle projects
- Design and maintain large/complex cubes and dimensions in alignment with industry best practices including strong knowledge of TM1 rules and processes
- Work with IBM on debugging/trouble-shooting incidences and ticket resolution
- Develop and maintain integrated budgeting and forecasting
- Train system administrators and end-users on TM1 functionality, models, and report development utilizing best practices
- In addition, the TM1 lead developer will support software upgrades, software documentation, research of new software versions, backup/recovery, Repository administration including promotion of software packages to the proper environment, troubleshooting, and technical support
What kind of person are you looking for?
- We are keen to hear from individuals who have a passion for TM1 and have at least 5 years’ experience in IBM Cognos TM1 10.2.2 or higher.
- You will have strong business intelligence knowledge and possess excellent communication skills. You will have the ability to work independently and in a team and will require little supervision.
- Experience with PAX and PAW as well as financial planning, budgeting and forecasting would be desirable.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.