What’s the role?
The purpose of the role is to play a central role in creating effective transport plans for our customers within our growing manufacturing sector and the wider Eddie Stobart network, whilst complying with legal responsibilities.
What will I be responsible for?
- Effective management and planning of drivers, through on-going communication and using our state-of-the-art transport software
- Controlling and planning an agreed amount of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ hours regulations)
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resources effectively; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost
- Ensure that our internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated to an exceptional standard
- Make regular use of in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Understanding and achieving key performance targets relating to the safety and efficiency of our fleet (including utilisation and costing)
- Constantly communicate with our customer service teams and drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained
Develop an understanding and experience of working with the planning regulatory framework, ensuring you keep up to date with policy and best practice as it develops
What kind of person are you looking for?
As the successful candidate you will be able to work on your own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues. You should be able to comfortably organise your own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication are essential requisites
You should be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word in particular. Some geographic knowledge would also prove advantageous.
Any previous experience of planning systems and / or software will be an advantage to you.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.