Are you an ambitious Operations / Depot Manager, who has the drive and energy and is looking for the next step in your career? Here’s your perfect opportunity to join the leading supply chain and logistics business providing industry-leading services to many of the UK’s best-known brands.
About the role
In this role the successful candidate will have at least 2 years operational experience, with a good knowledge of legislation and compliance. The role includes daily management of the site, vehicles and drivers, ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to. As the Operations Manager you will need excellent communication skills and good people management experience, to work alongside direct reports and other key stakeholders within the business. You will be required to facilitate business growth whilst ensuring maximum productivity in all operational areas.
Your key responsibilities
Working time regulations
- Fleet management
- Accident and incident management
- Line management of drivers and operations supervisors
- Play an active part in ensuring that the business exceeds expectations of delivering first class customer service
Technical skills and experience
- International CPC qualification
- Previous operational management within a similar or comparable company for a minimum of 2 years
- Pro-active leader with the ability to deliver accurate results and reports
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility and be able to work as part of a team
- Be a motivator of staff, and be able to develop your team
Benefits of working for Eddie Stobart
- In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also be entitled to the following perks:
- Membership of a defined contribution pension scheme with employer contributions
- Employee discount scheme - access to a selection of deals and discounts at your favourite online and high street stores, all intended to save you money every day
- Childcare vouchers
- Company car or car allowance
About Eddie Stobart
Eddie Stobart Logistics is listed on the London Stock Exchange’s Alternative Investments Market (AIM) and operates across a broad array of core sectors including e-commerce, manufacturing, industrial & bulk, retail and consumer.
From its headquarters in Warrington, the business operates c.2,500 vehicles, c.4,000 trailers and 26 distribution centres throughout the UK and Europe, providing its services to a range of national and international customers. Through acquisitions of iForce, Speedy Freight, Logistic People and The Pallet Network, Eddie Stobart Logistics’ network and scale has grown, further adding to full range of services offered to customers across the whole end-to-end supply chain
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.