Due to the growth of the business, an exciting, new opportunity has arose at our busy Northampton depot, covering all aspects of the business and getting a true understanding of the operational side of Eddie Stobart.
Managing and working alongside a strong operations team, the main focus of the role will be the daily management of the site, ensuring that all legal requirements are adhered to correctly and vehicles are of roadworthy standard for the ever so important, Eddie Stobart drivers.
If you’re an dynamic manager, who is passionate about people and delivering excellence then this role will be right for you.
What will the role entail?
In this role, the suitable candidate will need to have relevant transport operations experience, legal and compliance knowledge, strong communication skills and people management. Most importantly, the willingness to be a part of the ever-growing Eddie Stobart team.
- Working Time Regulations - ensure driver compliance with the regulations
- Tachograph Management – manage in line with ESL processes to ensure information is reported accurately and timely
- DVSA Stops – ensure investigated and remedial actions instigated
- Fleet defects – ensure the maintenance fleet database is populated and monitored
- Accident and Incident Management – ensure investigations are conducted in a timely manner, reported on Assure and remedial actions taken
- Weekly cab checks are to be completed ensuring standards are maintained
Management is a the key part of this role. The successful candidate will need to be confident in multi-tasking the management of daily manning levels, working closely with recruitment team to maintain staffing levels, and also monitoring staff retention. Line management duties for drivers and operations supervisors, any holiday or overtime duties and ensuring the completion of weekly absence reports following Payroll/HR timescales is imperative.
You will be responsible for managing the depot’s P&L and ensuring the operation is in line with budgeted costs to achieve the depot’s KPIs.
- Line Management responsibility for drivers and operations supervisors
- Manage driver recruitment, liaising with the driver trainer to ensure all new drivers are correctly assessed, interviewed and inducted into the business
- Maintain driver manning, holidays and agreed overtime shifts
- Complying with company disciplinary procedure and grievance procedure is followed correctly
- Conduct exit interviews and complete documentation relating to leavers, forwarding to Payroll/HR dept
- Monthly meetings to be held with the nominated driver representatives
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a minimum of 4 years previous management experience within transport or operations at Eddie Stobart or comparable companies.
An International CPC qualification and comprehensive knowledge of drivers hours and WTD is essential. You must be flexible to meet business needs and be able to make quick decisions in a fast paced environment. Previous experience of managing budgets and P&L is also imperative.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows package (Word, Excel and Outlook) is also essential as is a good working knowledge of a General Transport System and Microlise/tracking systems.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.