What’s the role?
A great opportunity has arisen for a warehouse first line manager to assist in the running of our DC420 Rugby warehouse, including: adherence to all company and industry compliance standards. Receiving,running and dispatching orders to meet customer schedules, personnel issues relating to depot staff and the maintenance of equipment, whilst ensuring all customer expectations are met.
What will I be responsible for?
- Productivity and performance – achieving set targets with your team
- Health and safety – accountable for all aspects of health and safety within your team and within the warehouse. Ensuring that training needs are identified and actioned as appropriate. Clear reporting and monitoring of training systems, escalating issues and preventions to your warehouse shift manager
- Accidents and incidents – identify root causes and any reporting trends, advising on possible remedial action, taking a proactive approach on analysis for prevention and deliver improvements
- Employee compliance - Standards are maintained and there is a continual improvement culture driven by you within your team
- Costs – deliver cost savings within the targets set by your warehouse shift manager, engageging and mobilising your team to do so
- KPI – deliver all set KPIs and analyse information to drive improvements for both the operation and customer
- Act as front line manager to staff, leading and supporting your team
- Managing absence – liaise with your shift manager and HR to ensure all absence from work is managed using company procedures
- Payroll – ensure that payroll expectations are coded and correct for your team. SMART Utilisation of agency labour to reduce business costs
- Disciplinary / grievance – ensure the disciplinary process and company procedures are followed
- Training and development – review staff training within your team, ensure that all training opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Communication – ensure effective and professional communication using all available formats both on site and within the wider business. Communicate in a clear, timely and consistent fashion. Ensure the use and cascading of information from the various communication methods. Ensure that you hold, minute and capture next steps from your team meetings
What kind of person are you looking for?
Ideally, you will have at least 2 years’ experience in a warehouse managerial role. You will have a proven track record of success in ensuring a financially efficient operation. You will have strong leadership and managerial skills, good awareness and understanding of a variety of warehouse equipment. Although not essential it would be desirable for the successful applicant to hold an IOSH qualification and a working knowledge of BRC quality standard.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of managing a team across a large, complex enterprise. The ability to lead by example, act decisively and be able to respond well to changes in demands. You will be well presented and have sound commercial awareness and business acumen.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.