What’s the role?
The key job purpose is to supervise the efficient use of resources to meet the customer’s needs whilst maintaining ESL’s required standards. The job holder is responsible for supervising the on-site operation to meet health and safety requirements, customer service, compliance to ISO and any relevant food safety/HACCP Standards and any agreed KPI performance monitors.
What will I be responsible for?
- Maintain health and safety via compliance with risk assessment guidelines and liaison with site employees and management.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and BRC Global Standard
- Maintain all controls on site in relation to any Site HACCP Plan and any Site CCP
- Maintain the working relationship between Transport and Warehousing
- Maintain a good relationship with the customers.
- Supervising the warehouse processes, receiving and despatching of customer orders to time constraints.
- Manage the reporting of operational KPI’s and their presentation to ESL management.
- Supervise the use of resources to ensure best operational efficiency.
- Maintain good communication.
- Monitor and maintain the required housekeeping standards
- Ensure compliance to the companies Hygiene Policy through effective monitoring of staff and facilities
- Ensure compliance with warehouse procedures for the reporting of damages and any signs of contamination.
- Report any defects found on site in relation to the product, equipment or facilities to and facilitate the resolution of these issues.
- Responsibility for first level HR
- Supervise the monitoring of stock accuracy
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Bring to the attention of the Head of Business Systems Process, Quality and Internal Communications any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
What kind of person are you looking for?
You will have a good attention to detail and the ability to use your own initiative supported by good numerical and computer skills. You need to be team orientated and have good communication skills. Demonstrate a positive attitude and be determined to work hard.
The successful candidate will be capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines and managing customer relationships. They will have detailed knowledge of warehousing and transport operations, the supporting systems and man management.
You will have sound knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and BRC Global Standard regarding Storage and Distribution of Ambient products.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.