What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced warehouse operations manager to manage the day to day operation of our busy site at Braunstone.
As the warehouse operations manager, you will adherence to all company and industry compliance standards, all personnel issues relating to warehousing staff, the maintenance of MHE and the depot.
What will I be responsible for?
- Managing and monitoring site costs through analysis of relevant data (hours, MHE utilisation, staff numbers and productivity rates) to include daily, weekly and monthly KPI trackers
- Assisting in the creation of the depot budget by using historical, current and forecast data
- Being able to highlight and rationalise any variances to budget particularly under achievement
- Reviewing and managing the P&L for the depot
- Managing relationships and communication between the site and customers, departments and external bodies in a professional and timely manner
- Managing and maintaining BRC, MHRA and ISO accreditations
- Managing the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors on site
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents (personnel and plant) are reported and investigated in accordance with company standards
- Ensuring risk assessments are completed and reviewed in accordance with company standards
- Overseeing the management of all personnel ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed correctly and submitted in a timely manner
- Ensuring that warehouse operations are completed and recorded in accordance with company standards and that any Safe Systems of Work derived from them are trained and enforced
- Managing the recruitment of staff and ensuring that all new staff have received adequate training and induction
- Engaging with the employees through company forums such as warehouse rep meetings
- Ensuring all MHE is serviced and maintained in accordance with the maintenance programme, records completed and maintained in a professional manner
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will have had at least 5 years’ experience in a warehouse managerial role with a proven track record of success in ensuring a financially efficient operation. Ideally they will have experience of a diverse range of operations including block stack and racking. Although not essential it would be desirable for the successful applicant to hold an IOSH qualification and a working knowledge of ISO quality management systems.
You will need a good attention to detail and the ability to deal with a high volume of paperwork and reporting. The successful candidate must be punctual, reliable and capable of operating with limited supervision within fixed guidelines. Good awareness and understanding of all Microsoft Office software applications utilised within Eddie Stobart.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction