What’s the role?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Team Leader to join our busy Milton Keynes depot.
The key job purpose of the Warehouse Team Leader is to manage and lead the efficient use of resources to meet the customer daily needs whilst maintaining ESL’s required standards.
As the successful candidate, you will responsible for managing the on-site operation to meet health and safety requirements, customer service, compliance to ISO and BRC standards and any agreed KPI performance monitors.
What will I be responsible for?
- Maintain health and safety via compliance with risk assessment guidelines and liaison with site employees and management
- Champion the health and safety on site and within teams and report any accident, incident or near-miss immediately through RIVO, and carry out/assist in any investigations which may be required
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and BRC global standard
- Maintain the working relationship between Transport and Warehousing
- Maintain a good and professional relationship with the all employees, visitors and customers
- Managing the warehouse processes, receiving and despatching of customer orders to time constraints
- Manage the reporting of operational KPI’s and their presentation to ESL management
- Manage the use of resources to ensure best operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all mechanical handling equipment is operated by suitably trained operators and that the pre-use check sheet is adhered to
- Ensure that staff training and skills are matched and maintained to meet the business requirement and legal compliance
- Maintain good communication across the business to staff and customers.
- Monitor and Maintain the required housekeeping standards
- Ensure compliance to the companies hygiene policy through effective monitoring of staff and facilities
- Ensure compliance with warehouse procedures for the reporting of damages and any signs of contamination
- Report any defects found on site in relation to the product, equipment or facilities to and facilitate the resolution of these issues
- Responsibility for first level HR
- Manage the monitoring of stock accuracy
What kind of person are you looking for?
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for an experienced leader of people who is dependable, adaptable with strong business acumen. The successful candidate should have the ability to work on their own initiative and the willingness to resolve issues in line with company procedures and be having the ability to mobiles their team.
You must be able to plan, prioritise and organise your own workload and work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.