What’s the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced warehouse team leader to join our busy warehouse in Junction 27. You will supervise all warehouse activities in accordance with company processes and standards and ensuring compliance with all legislative and company standards, promoting health and safety within the warehouse.
What will I be responsible for?
- Managing communication between the site and warehouse staff.
- To ensure all mechanical handling equipment is operated by suitably trained operators and pre-use checks are completed prior to use, and paperwork is completed and filed in a professional and timely manner
- To ensure all defects with regard to plant and equipment are reported in accordance with company procedures and VOR equipment is suitably locked/signed to prevent use
- To identify training needs within the warehouse team.
- To manage/supervise the unloading, storage and loading of pallets ensuring that operational procedures are followed
- The reporting, handling and storage of returned, quarantined and damaged pallets
- To carry out daily checks in and around the warehouse (battery bay, mhe, racking, docks, doors, lights, fabrication) and report issues accordingly.
- To manage/supervise warehouse staff attendance and breaks, ensuring issues are reported to site management
- Ensuring all disciplinary and grievance matters are reported in accordance with company processes
- Maintaining safe and legal documentation
- Covering and running the shift in shift manager’s absence
What kind of person are you looking for?
This position requires the person to have a high level of flexibility, commitment and motivation and be able to use own initiative. They will also need to be assertive with an outgoing nature, able to cope well in pressured situations, meeting customer expectations and requirements.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.