What’s The Role?
As a Yard Marshall you will be covering all yard activities, including returns, so that all legal requirements are adhered too. In addition to supervising the site, for all employees and site visitors, as well as keeping the site efficient and clean at all times.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring that trailer checks are carried out, completing the correct paperwork, and passed to the relevant planners and the Operations Manager
- Making sure that all items stored in the returns shed are completed in a neat and tidy manner and the shed is kept free of damage at all times, as well as being secure
- Completing all the returns paperwork making sure it is all documented, controlled and distributed to the relevant personnel
- Carrying out trailer tranships when requested ensuring the tranship log is completed in full
- Assisting in the restacking of shot loads when required
- Ensuring that fuel tanks are kept clean and tidy and the surrounding are free from litter, as well as monitoring oil levels
- Ensuring that all drivers, staff and visitors wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the yard area
- Ensuring that the all areas of the yard, car park and perimeter are kept free of litter at all times and all bins are emptied on a regular basis, also assisting in the gritting of the yard area in times of inclement weather
- Ensuring that that the smoke area is kept clean and tidy and all cigarette buts are disposed of in the bins provided, bins should be emptied on a regular basis
- Ensuring that all trailers and units are parked in the correct locations in a neat and tidy system
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate must be organised, able to work to deadlines and must be able work unsupervised. They will need a good attention to detail and the ability to deal with paperwork. A current FLT licence is preferred but not essential as training will be given. IT literacy is preferred although not essential.