What’s the role?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, yard operative to join our friendly team at our Carlisle depot. The successful candidate will be required to supervise all aspects of yard duties between Carlisle Truckstop and Carlisle X-dock.
What will I be responsible for?
- Liaise with X-dock / transport personnel to ensure the correct equipment is positioned on and off the trailer bays, ensuring the flow is maintained, informing the transport manager when equipment shortage will affect loading
- Complete a pre-loading check prior to putting the trailer on a bay. Including: defects, service/mot requirements, equipment correctly prepared for loading
- Carry out full yard checks, completing all required documentation
- Willing to undertake any aspect of X-dock work including FLT driving, completing load plans and manifest paperwork, handling returns, and cleaning duties, as may be required to complete the daily schedule.
- Follow site and business health and safety / safe systems of work policies
- Carry out additional operational duties as required by your supervisor / manager
- Building up of equipment on site where required, to ensure smooth flow of equipment is maintained
- Direct incoming equipment and vehicles to the correct parking / loading area(s)
- Follow current VOR process, liaising with relevant personnel where necessary
- Assist with any yard / trailer related queries
What kind of person are you looking for?
Due to the nature of the role we are looking for someone with relative experience of shunting articulated vehicles within a transport operation. You will be an extremely self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision.
We reserve the right to adjust the closing dates of the vacancy adverts early, for example, where we have received a high volume of applications.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.