We understand that with the unique nature of projects in this sector our traditional road transport offering does not apply and as such, we have a dedicated, separate business unit committed solely to the sector.
We bring our experience from retail and consumer logistics and our unrivalled knowledge of the transport and logistics industry to redefine the industry’s costing model; we can make efficiencies to any business both operationally and monetarily through intelligent planning, off-dock warehousing and value-added logistics, and our unique marginally costed model.
Our advanced, integrated tracking systems allow us to arrive at the right time for you, and provide complete load transparency at all times.
Our dedicated health and safety teams, located across the UK and Europe, are highly trained in IOSH, NEBOSH and industry standards and conduct regular audits across the network, ensuring an exceptional level of health and safety standards.
We don’t just move 26 pallets; our trucks may still say ‘Eddie Stobart’ on the sides, but behind those curtains there could be anything at all.
Why Eddie Stobart?
Comprehensive fleetFlexibility to carry any type of load, at any time, from and to anywhere
Multimodal offeringTransporting loads from ports, across our rail network, via our warehouses and on to the road in our versatile fleet
Intelligent pricingMarginally costed logistics solutions; part-fill our trucks and only pay for the space you use
Integrated tracking systemsOur state of the art systems offer unrivalled visibility in real time and align with our customers’ systems seamlessly
We employ our full offering of container logistics, rail freight, warehousing, value-added logistics and road transport to deliver the highest quality total logistics solution to the manufacturing, industrial and bulk tankers sector.
- Specialist equipment & training
- Expert, versatile road transport
- Off-dock long- and short-term storage at market leading prices
- Dedicated rail transport
- Inland port container logistics solution
- State-of-the-art, customer-integrated tracking systems
- Unique, marginally costed pricing model
- Unrivalled account management and customer service
How we deliver
Contract Logistics & Warehousing
Our dedicated teams combine traditional warehousing with innovative value-added offerings to provide an extremely efficient operation.
- Value-added logistics; a full range of services from repacking and labeling to combining and heat wrapping
- Off-dock warehousing solutions for all product types, long and short term
- All temperature regimes catered for
- Full process management service, with embedded, on-site Eddie Stobart staff
- Seamless transition onto road or rail from our warehouses, with customer-integrated tracking
Dedicated rail hubs and custom-designed rail containers supported by committed teams operating across the country and into Europe.
- Strategically located rail hubs in and around Daventry, Northamptonshire service the country’s main base of national distribution centres
- Rail network extending the full length and breadth of the country
- Rail links to Europe via the Eurotunnel
- Product consolidation into bulk rail loads, saving on time, cost and environmental impact
- Seamless tracking from rail to road and beyond
Container logistics solutions across the UK and Europe; using our huge network to intelligently rework containers to create efficiencies and savings, transitioning seamlessly from ports to rail and road, with market-leading rates on off-dock container storage.
- Carriage of internationally sourced products
- Vast network of strategically located operations
- Links into warehousing for off-dock storage at market leading rates
- Innovative, efficient container management, creating savings in cost and carbon emissions
- Container holding facilities, with hubs in the right locations
A vast and versatile fleet capable of carrying any load efficiently, operated through round-the-clock planning and customer services and supported by state of the art tracking systems.
- Built on over 40 years’ experience
- Large and versatile fleet, including bulk tankers and flatbeds; able to carry any load at all
- Optimised cost and carbon efficiency with direct links into our rail offering
- Unique and innovative marginally costed model, providing customers use of our full, vast network while only paying for the space they use
- Delivery to anywhere, nowhere is inaccessible to us
- State of the art tracking systems, providing regular performance reports and real time visibility