Due to be completed in August 2015, the new DIRFT DC420 warehouse will offer 420,000 square feet of racked and block stacked ambient storage, featuring 38 dock levellers and 8 level access doors. And with a direct connection to the West Coast Mainline and close proximity to junction 18 of the M1, this ISO, BRC, HACCP and AFSO accredited site is perfectly situated for distribution across the country.
Since work commenced on 10th November 2014 the site has been a hive of activity, with various contractors involved.
- Initial ground works and earth movement from site has seen approximately 97,000 tonnes of inert soil
- The ground has been stabilised with 54,000 tonnes of granular fill (hardcore)
- Approximately 5,900 stone columns have been installed
- Steel frames have been fully erected, including the hub and a separate office block
- 70% has been cladding installed
- 85% of the site drainage has been installed
April saw the start of the warehouse floor being poured, and this will see the site transition again as it becomes watertight and goes from build to fit out stage. The installation of the rail sidings to the rear canopy area is also taking place with the soil from this area currently being removed.
- Rail siding canopy installation and soil removal
- First section of warehouse floor being poured
- Laser levelled floor floating machine
The project is on schedule and on time to the build plan with all dock level bays installed and level access doors almost completed.