Eddie Stobart maintains an exemplary safety record.
The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), supporting regulations, approved codes of practice, guidance notes and standards govern the work activities within Eddie Stobart.
To comply with these legislative requirements, the operating divisions within Eddie Stobart develop their own dedicated health and safety policies which are made available to all staff and contractors. The policies are reviewed on a regular basis and amended as required under the supervision of the responsible director.
The health and safety policy statements summarise the company’s commitment to:
- Identify hazards, assess risks, establish and maintain procedures and safe systems of work in order to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable the health, safety and welfare of employees and those affected by the company’s work activities
- Monitor plant, equipment, materials, substances and processes to ensure that adequate arrangements are made for their safe use
- Set and maintain standards for employee selection, training and development to ensure that staff are competent for the tasks they are required to undertake
- Consult with employees on matters of health and safety
- Establish and maintain a system of auditing and monitoring and provide adequate resources to ensure that the safe working procedures and systems are continuously improved and reflect current legislative requirements
- Prepare and implement emergency plans and test their effectiveness by regular exercises
- Conduct accident and incident investigations to establish the root causes of such events to prevent recurrence
- Liaise with organisations on whose premises Eddie Stobart staff may be required to work to ensure that they are not exposed to undue risk at such places where Eddie Stobart operating companies are not the controlling authority of the site