Eddie Stobart is a forces-friendly employer. We received the Silver Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) award in April 2018.
As a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant, Eddie Stobart has pledged to support our Armed Forces. In particular we seek to:
- Provide employment opportunities for Armed Forces leavers and veterans
- Enable our employees who are members of the Reserves or are Cadet Instructors to be able to undertake their commitments by offering an extra two-weeks paid leave on top of normal holiday allowance to attend an annual camp
- Facilitate careers awareness activities for cadet units
- Raise awareness of and provide support for Armed Forces charities that are aligned with Eddie Stobart’s priorities
- Work alongside the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to encourage job applications to increase exposure to the service leaver community
Our commitment to the Armed Forces is supported across Eddie Stobart and is led by our HR Director. We’ve put in place our own internal liaison officer Chris Grice, Driver Training Manager, who provides support to our reservists. Chris served full time from 1987 – 98 and in the reserves from 1998 – 2006. During that time he served in the first gulf war, did a tour with the UN in Bosnia, a NATO tour of duty in the former Yugoslavia, two tours of Iraq, an emergency tour of the Falklands and a tour of Germany.
We’re really keen to receive applications from serving members of the Armed Forces who are entering their resettlement phase, as well as provide support for those who are members of the Reserves.