JACK YOUNG TAKES CHAMPIONSHIP LEAD AFTER DRAMATIC SILVERSTONE Jack Young’s increasing maturity and experience on the race track shone through…
The Pallet Network has been confirmed as the UK’s sector leader, as voted for by freight customers, winning the prestigious title of Pallet Network of the Year at the FTA Multimodal Awards 2019 at the NEC.
Customers and members were asked to vote for the network they considered the best in the UK from a field comprising almost all the UK’s pallet network companies. TPN won with a resounding 1,400 votes.
TPN MD Mark Duggan says: “We are grateful to everyone who voted for us, and most particularly to all our hub teams and member depots who keep the standards in TPN so very high.
“We have long positioned ourselves as THE Pallet Network in the UK, developing our operation to offer peak-proof performance, perfecting our operational models for excellent service, and continually scaling our operation to manage growth without impacting regional or national service levels,” he says.
“This ethos of continual improvement and exceptionally high standards has clearly paid off, as our customers came out in droves to vote us the best pallet network the UK has to offer.”
Some of the aspects of TPN that members and customers praise include:
- Sector-leading IT, with real-time information, consignment management and tracking for depots and their customers. Customers can even track their pallets anywhere in the UK on their smartphones using our bespoke application TAPP
- The best postcode coverage in the UK. TPN has developed a 125-strong depot network which allows for smaller, manageable and more profitable delivery areas for members, ensuring excellent delivery times
- A culture based on great, direct communication, accountability through real-time KPIs, and mutual support across the network
- An enhanced membership model which allows TPN members to gain substantial commercial and operational benefits from developing close partnerships with TPN’s parent company Eddie Stobart Logistics and its other group companies, iForce, Speedy Freight and Logistic People
- Future-proofed infrastructure. TPN has developed a resilient infrastructure strategy which deploys regional hubs when there is genuinely sufficient volume to save mileage and carbon – and a purpose-built 367,500 central hub at Minworth which strikes the perfect balance between operational scale and organisational efficiency
Unlike other awards, which are often based on what a company says about itself, the Multimodal award is based on the votes of customers, drivers, and members and as such, says Duggan, speaks volumes about the real quality of the operation.
“TPN’s secret to success is very simple but absolutely essential,” says Duggan. “All of our choices prioritise the needs of our members and their customers. We do not compete with them – we develop them, help them and optimise our service for their benefit.
“Their success is our success, and that particularly extends to winning the coveted Pallet Network of the Year award. This title belongs to all our member depots and our fantastic TPN teams at our hubs and throughout the country,” he says.
TPN would like to thank Multimodal, Freight Transport Association, and the award sponsor, Crown Lift Trucks.
Eddie Stobart, leading supply chain, transport and logistics company, today announces that it has entered into an agreement to acquire…
Eddie Stobart lifts spirits by transporting over 407,000 Halloween pumpkins across the North of England and Wales
Eddie Stobart, leading supply chain, transport and logistics company, has revealed that it has travelled more than 30,000 miles across…
YOUNG UNDERLINES HIS CHALLENGE FOR RENAULT UK CLIO CUP WITH VICTORY Jack Young’s first visit to the short, challenging Knockhill…